- Civic News
- Civic Research
- Civic Technical SEO
- Civic On-page and Content
- Civic Off-Page SEO
At Civic, we provide news and resources on the ever-changing world of cryptocurrency. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, we have something for everyone.
Checkout this video:
Civic is a decentralized identity ecosystem that allows for on-demand, secure, and low-cost access to identity verification via the blockchain. The Civic App is a tool that allows users to control their own identity data and access a variety of services with the help of the Civic Token. News about Civic can be found below.
Set up GSC and Bing Webmaster tools
Good search engine optimization (SEO) is essential if you want your website to be successful. It helps your site rank higher in search results, making it more likely that people will find and visit your site.
One important part of SEO is setting up Google Search Console (GSC) and Bing Webmaster Tools. These tools allow you to submit your website to Google and Bing, respectively. This allows them to index your site and include it in their search results.
Setting up GSC and Bing Webmaster Tools is fairly simple. Just follow the instructions below.
1. Go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en and sign in with your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one for free.
2. Once you’re signed in, click the “Add a property” button and enter the URL of your website.
3. Click the “Add” button and follow the on-screen instructions to verify that you own the website. There are several different ways to do this, so just choose the one that’s easiest for you.
4. Once you’ve verified ownership of your website, you can start using all of the features of GSC.
5. To set up Bing Webmaster Tools, go to https://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster and sign in with your Microsoft account. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, you can create one for free.
6 .Once you’re signed in, click the “Add a site” button and enter the URL of your website into the box that appears.
7 .Click the “Add” button and follow the on-screen instructions to verify ownership of your website .As with GSC, there are several different ways to do this, so just choose the one that’s easiest for you .
8 Once you’ve verified ownership of your website, you can start using all of features of Bing Webmaster Tools
Set up Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a free website analytics service that gives you insights into how people are finding and using your website. You can use Google Analytics to track how visitors interact with your site, measure the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns, and identify which parts of your site need improvement.
To set up Google Analytics, you’ll need to create a Google account and add a piece of code to your website. Once you’ve done this, you can start tracking your website’s traffic and activity.
1. Create a Google account
If you don’t already have one, you’ll need to create a free Google account. You can use this account to access all of Google’s services, including Analytics.
2. Sign up for Analytics
Once you have a Google account, you can sign up for Analytics in just a few clicks. Visit the Analytics website and click “Sign In” in the top-right corner of the page. Then, click “Create an Account.”
3. Add theAnalytics code to your site
After you sign up for Analytics, you’ll be given a piece of code that you need to add to your website. This code will allow Analytics to collect data about your site’s traffic and activity.
There are two ways to add the code to your site: directly within the HTML code or using a web hosting platform like WordPress. If you’re not sure how to add the code directly to your HTML, we recommend using WordPress. Adding the code through WordPress is quick and easy, and it doesn’t require any knowledge of HTML. To learn how to set up WordPress with Analytics, check out our post on How to Install Google Analytics on WordPress . If you want to add the code directly to your HTML, we have step-by-step instructions below . Once you add the code, be sure to replace UA-XXXXXXXX-X with your unique tracking ID . This ID is generated automatically when you sign up for Analytics and is specific to your account. Adding the tracking ID ensures that all data collected by theAnalytics code is attributed to your specific account
4 Check that the tracking code is working After adding theAnalytics trackingcode to your site , it can take up 24 hours before data starts appearing inyour reports . In the meantime , there are two ways verify thatthe tracking codewas installed correctly onyour site: Use t he Tag Assistant Chrome extension : Tag Assistant is adebugging tool that let us seewhich tags are firingonany given page . Installthe extension , thennavigate toyour website .Click Tag Assistant(by Google) inthe upper -right cornerofyour browser , thenclickrecord . The next timeyouloadayour page , TagAssistant will showyouallofthe tagsthatfired onthepageand whether or not they fired correctly . Checkyoursite’s source codeto see ifthetracking codewas added correctly : To do this ,right-click onanypageonyour sitethatyoususpecthasTheAnalyticstrackingcodecorrectly installedand select”View page source”. A new browser tabwill openwithayour page’s sourcecode displayed . PressCtrl+F (PC) or Cmd+F (Mac)and searchfordevelopers\.google\.com/analytics/debug/xml\. Ifyouseethe following line anywhereinyourpage’s sourcecode ,Thattrackingcodedoesnothaveayouroptimaltracking ID: ga(‘create’, ‘UA-XXXXXXXX-Y’, ‘auto’);Replace WebPropertyID UA-XXXXXXXX -9withyoursitetrackingID (found iny ouraccount settings ). Or ifyou seethe following line anywhereinyourpage’s sourcecodeThatmeansTheAnalyticstracking idwasnot setup correctly incode : ga(‘require’, ‘linkid’);Replace WebPropertyID UA – XXXXXXXX – 9withyoursitetracking UDI( found inyouraccount settings ).
Install and configure an SEO plugin (wordpress)
One of the main functions of an SEO plugin is to help you configure your website for better search engine optimization. Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the process of improving the visibility and ranking of your website in search engine results pages (SERPs).
There are a number of factors that go into SEO, including website structure, content, site speed, and more. An SEO plugin can help you with all of these factors, and more. In this article, we will show you how to install and configure the best SEO plugins for WordPress.
Crypto is a type of digital or virtual currency that uses cryptography for security. A defining feature of crypto is that it is not issued by any central authority. Cryptocurrencies are decentralized and can be used to purchase goods and services. Civic is a type of crypto that is seeking to empower individuals with the ability to control their data.
Identify your competitors
In order to stay ahead of the competition, it is important to identify who your competitors are and what they are doing. There are a few ways to do this:
1. Use Google AdWords’ “Keyword Planner” tool to help you find keywords related to your business. Once you have a list of keywords, plug them into Google and see who comes up as the top results. These are your competitors.
2. Take a look at online directories such as Yelp, Angie’s List, and Google Places. Who comes up when you search for businesses in your industry? These are also your competitors.
3. Use social media to see who is talking about your industry online. Check out hashtags on Twitter and Instagram, or use Facebook’s search function to see who is talking about your industry or keywords related to your business.
Conduct a keyword gap analysis
To find out what news your audience is interested in, but isn’t being covered by traditional news sources, try conducting a keyword gap analysis.
A keyword gap analysis is a way to compare the coverage of a topic by different news sources. You can use a keyword gap analysis to identify which topics are being under-reported or not covered at all by traditional news sources.
Here’s how to conduct a keyword gap analysis:
1) Choose a topic that you want to research. For this example, we’ll use the topic of “civic tech”.
2) Identify three or more news sources that cover the topic. For this example, we’ll use The New York Times, The Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal.
3) Go to each website and search for articles that mention the topic. For this example, we searched for “civic tech” on each website and found the following results:
-The New York Times: 9 articles
-The Washington Post: 5 articles
-The Wall Street Journal: 1 article
4) Compare the coverage of the topic by each news source. In this example, we can see that The New York Times has significantly more coverage of civic tech than The Washington Post or The Wall Street Journal. This means that if we want to read about civic tech, we’re more likely to find information in The New York Times than in either of the other two newspapers.
Find your main ‘money’ keywords
Your “main money keywords” are the terms and phrases that you want to rank for in search engines. They should be the terms that potential customers are most likely to use when they’re searching for products or services like yours.
To find your main money keywords, start by brainstorming a list of potential terms and then use a tool like Google’s Keyword Planner to research how many people are actually searching for those terms. Once you’ve found a few keywords with high search volume, you can start incorporating them into your website and marketing materials.
In addition to your main money keywords, you should also target a few “long-tail keywords.” These are more specific keyword phrases that are less popular but can still drive traffic to your website. For example, if you sell women’s clothing, a long-tail keyword could be “plus size dresses for summer.” Targeting long-tail keywords can help you attract more specific (and often more qualified) traffic to your site.
Civic Technical SEO
Civic is a secure identity verification platform that allows users to control their personal information. Civic is also a decentralized ecosystem that offers a variety of features and services to its users. In this article, we will be discussing the Civic platform and its features in detail.
Leverage “Inspect URL” feature in GSC
As a follow up to our recent post on technical SEO for beginners, we wanted to share a quick tip on how to leverage the “Inspect URL” feature in Google Search Console (GSC) to help you identify and fix common issues on your site.
If you’re not familiar with GSC, it’s a free tool that allows you to see how Google crawls and indexes your site. It’s a valuable resource for SEOs, as it can help you identify and fix issues that may be impacting your site’s crawlability and indexation.
One of the most useful features in GSC is the “Inspect URL” feature, which allows you to submit a URL to Google for inspection. Google will then crawl the URL and analyze it for any common issues that could impact its crawling or indexing.
To use the “Inspect URL” feature, simply go to the GSC dashboard and enter the URL you want to inspect in the “URL Inspection” bar. Once you submit the URL, Google will provide a report detailing any issues it found, as well as whether or not the URL is currently indexed.
This is a valuable tool for anyone who is interested in improving their site’s technical SEO, as it can help you quickly identify and fix common issues that could be holding your site back from ranking in Google search.
Ensure your website is mobile-friendly
It’s no secret that more and more people are using their mobile devices to access the internet. In fact, Google has been prioritizing mobile-friendly websites in its search results for a few years now. So, if your website isn’t mobile-friendly, you could be missing out on a lot of traffic and potential customers.
Here are a few things you can do to make sure your website is as mobile-friendly as possible:
– Use responsive design: This means that your website will automatically adjust to look great on any screen size, from small phone screens to large desktop monitors.
– Use large, easy-to-read fonts: Most people will be viewing your website on a small screen, so make sure your text is large enough to read without zooming in.
– Use simple, concise language: Again, people will be reading your website on a small screen, so make sure your content is easy to understand and doesn’t require a lot of scrolling.
– Optimize your images: Large images can take forever to load on a mobile device, so make sure your images are properly sized and compressed for the web.
following these tips will help ensure that your website is mobile-friendly and responsive design helps you address changing user behavior ensuring you don’t miss out on valuable traffic from potential customers.
Check your site’s loading speed
Slow sites lost traffic in Google’s mobile-first world. Here’s everything you need to know to improve your website’s loading speed and performance.
Civic is a secure identity verification platform that allows users to control their personal information.
When you visit a website, your browser makes a request to the server that hosts the website. The server then sends back the requested files which are displayed in your browser.
The time it takes for this process to happen is called latency, and it can have a big impact on your website’s performance.
Latency is affected by many factors, including the type of internet connection you’re using, the distance between your computer and the server, and the number of people trying to access the site at the same time.
There are some things you can do to reduce latency and improve your website’s performance:
– Use a content delivery network (CDN). CDNs store copies of your website’s files in multiple locations around the world, so that visitors can download them from the closest server. This can decrease latency and improve page loading times.
– Use caching. When a visitor requests a file from your server, it can take some time to generate or retrieve it. Caching stores files locally on the visitor’s computer so that they don’t have to be downloaded each time they are needed. This can dramatically improve page loading times, especially for repeat visitors.
– Optimize images. Large images can take longer to download than smaller ones. You can reduce image file sizes by using lossless compression methods such as PNG or JPEG 2000 instead of JPEG, and by reducing the resolution of images that don’t need to be high-quality (for example, thumbnails).
Civic On-page and Content
If you are seeking for a trusted and secure platform for your personal information, you should consider Civic. Civic is a decentralized platform that allows for on-page and content, as well as other data, to be stored and accessed securely.
Your title tags are one of the most important on-page SEO factors, so it’s important to make sure they’re optimized for both search engines and users. Here are some tips for fixing duplicate, missing, and truncated title tags:
– Use unique, descriptive titles for each page on your website
– Keep your titles under 60 characters long
– Make sure your titles are relevant to the content on the page
– Use keyword-rich titles to help improve your website’s ranking in search results
Find and fix duplicate or missing meta descriptions
One of the most common issues we see with on-page SEO is duplicate or missing meta descriptions.
A meta description is the short description that appears under your page title in the search results. It’s important to have unique meta descriptions for each page on your website, as this can help improve your click-through rate (the number of people who click through to your website from the search results).
To find and fix duplicate or missing meta descriptions, we recommend using a tool like Screaming Frog. This will crawl your website and identify any pages with duplicate or missing meta descriptions. You can then go in and edit each page to add a unique meta description.
It’s important to have only one H1 tag on your page, as multiple H1 tags can confuse search engines. If you’re not sure whether your page has multiple H1 tags, you can use a tool like Screaming Frog to check.
Civic Off-Page SEO
Off-page SEO (also known as off-site SEO) is the act of optimising a website not only for on-page ranking factors, but also for external factors that occur off of the website itself. This can include anything from link building and social media engagement, to blog commenting and forum participation. In this article, we’re going to be focusing on 10 powerful methods of Civic off-page SEO that you can start using today to help improve your website’s search engine ranking.
When you’re trying to optimize your website for better search engine rankings, it’s important to keep an eye on your competition. After all, they’re probably trying to do the same thing!
One way to get an idea of what’s working for them is to analyze their link profile. This can give you insights into where they’re getting their links from, what kind of content is resonating with their audience, and what kinds of links are most valuable to them.
There are a few different ways to go about this. One is to use a tool like Moz’s Open Site Explorer, which allows you to enter a competitor’s URL and see all the links pointing to their site. This can be helpful for getting an overview of their link profile, but it doesn’t give you much in the way of detail.
Another option is to use a tool like BuzzSumo, which allows you to see the most popular content from a given domain. This can be useful for understanding what kind of content is most popular with your competitor’s audience, and it can also give you some ideas for creating similar content of your own.
Once you have a good idea of where your competitor’s links are coming from, you can start working on building similar links for your own site. This can be done by creating similar content, reaching out to the same sources they’re using for links, or even by simply mentioning them in your own content (which may prompt them to link back to you).
When you’re looking for new link opportunities, it’s helpful to know where your competitors’ links are coming from. This can give you some insight into the types of links they are getting, and where you might be able to get similar links.
To do this, you can use a tool like Majestic or ahrefs to run a link intersect report. This will show you all the sites that are linking to your competitor, but not to you.
Once you have a list of potential link targets, reach out and see if they would be willing to link to your site as well. This can be a great way to get high-quality links that will help improve your search engine rankings.
A backlink is a link between two websites. In the cryptocurrency world, when one site links to another, it’s seen as an endorsement. The more backlinks a site has, the more popular and authoritative it is.
One way to get more backlinks is to find your competitor’s broken ones and then offer to replace them. To do this, you’ll need a tool like BuzzSumo.
Once you have BuzzSumo, enter your competitor’s URL into the search bar. You’ll see a list of their most popular articles.
Click on the “View Links” button for each article. This will take you to a page that shows all the sites that link to that article.
Scroll down to the “Broken Links” section. These are links that no longer work.
Now, all you have to do is reach out to the site owner and let them know that you have a similar article that does work. Most of the time, they’ll be happy to make the switch!